From my Private Studio in Hartsdale, NY, Jonathan Faiman teaches piano, composition and music theory and coaches musical theater, opera and song repertoire.
Highlights of his background include:
• Diversified college-teaching experience
• 15 years of experience teaching solo and class piano at all levels
• Over 10 years of experience teaching classes in music theory, music history, aural skills and chamber music
• DMA in Piano Performance as a student of Leon Fleisher
• International experience as solo and collaborative pianist in live and recorded settings
“When I teach one-on-one, I get to know the student closely enough to allow me to discover how to customize the method of imparting whatever knowledge or insight I may have on a particular subject. I communicate clearly and inspire a general mood of curiosity so that discussions can be interesting, no matter what the subject. Every lesson is most satisfactory when the student asks questions – the ideal teaching situation is when I may be temporarily stumped by a question. Thus, we learn to think, be resourceful and collaborate to find good answers. This, in turn, allows me to become a better teacher. Finally, at the end of a set of lessons with students, I always hope to hear that I have inspired them to become lifetime learners and self-teachers.”
Contact for more information.